Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Great fellowship

It's rainy here on the Knolltop...and as I write, Ohio State is beating up on Michigan...this day couldn't get any better!

Last night we had some friends join us at Luke's game and then come over for some fellowship. First of all, Luke's team won, I think the score was 55 - 11 or something like that. Anyway, we all came back here afterward and had chili, hotdogs, chips and homemade salsa, donuts, carmel corn and cookies. One of the couple's was our Pastor and his wife and the other couple are some friends who used to go to church with us but now live in Indonesia, they are just home for a visit. These folks have three kids who are just a real blessing to be around. Of course one of the reasons I like them is because the oldest daughter is the who I have picked out for Luke. And as it turns out, the second oldest daughter now has her first crush on JW. When they were getting ready to leave, she asked if that "Tall Kid" could come live with them in Indonesia.

JW is ready to go...I think it would be a great awakening for all of my children to go somewhere where they have to kill their dinner, it takes three hours to cook a meal and indoor plumbing is a rarity.

We had a great time visiting and catching up....my motto still is: Sit long, talk much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There was some discussion last night on the drive home and you can help settle it, what is Jacob's date of birth? And we decided maybe Jessica and JW could eventually hook up since 6 years isn't that far apart once you are in college, right? We figured you had to agree with that, ha!
Christy

Melissa Hart said...

Well, since my hubby is 7 years my senior....yes, he's older everyone...I think 6 is very acceptable! Really, I've got three boys for your two girls...certainly we could get at least one happy marriage out of this! But as my mom said last evening while I was busy telling her about my "arrangement" ...."take it from me, you can't arrange these things no matter how hard you try!"
But I do know a big God who can do anything He wants...and He said, all I have to do is ask...in His name!