Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Reprieve

Hey Dad...how's the ark coming this morning....make sure it's big enough for all of us too!

It has stopped raining here but it's still foggy and misty on the Knolltop.

I ventured into the garden last night for some peppers for a neighbor who is making salsa. Boy have I got the peppers. I'm headed out this morning to see how many tomatoes I can round up to make my own salsa.

I've got a luncheon at noon to discuss promoting local agriculture in the local paper...we seem to be banging our heads against the wall...personally I think we should venture into radio. I'm going to do a little research this morning with my cohorts from Kansas and Nebraska and see what I come up with. Since I know absolutely nothing about radio except how to tune a station in and listen...this should be a fun adventure.

Tomorrow, Bobby has to judge another show up in Clare County...I think I might even get to go with him...I'll believe it when I see it!

Headed for the coffee pot!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi-- I sent a comment yesterday about saving your canned goods for winter but this computer is very selective about what it will send. Anyway, you come by that honestly--grandma {my mom} wouldn't allow us to touch any of wonderful jams or jellies and other canned goods until it got cold and the garden was done! She is also responsible for that great pie crust{thanks for the complement}--Lard is the secret. In her own free-spitited way she was a really good cook. The ark has been abandoned for now cause the rain has let up!! mom

Melissa Hart said...

I think Grandma Carson is responsible for a lot of things! We can blame her good or bad now that she's passed....as a good southerner would say..."Bless her heart!"

Anonymous said...

Hey Melissa~

Bobby told me where to find this site -- my first visit! It is so fun to see your family -- all of the kids are growing up and changing so much! And I always enjoy reading what you write. Will check in frequently!

Love,
Mandy

Melissa Hart said...

Hey Mandy
Glad to see Wisconsin represented here! It's a great way to keep up with people...you should start one in all your spare time.:)
thanks for stopping in...sure do miss you and your family!
Melissa