Skip to main content

Another win

Good Morning from the clear, springlike Knolltop! It's been a busy morning here on the Knolltop and it's not even 10 am yet. When I got up to make the coffee at 3:30 am, a truck and trailer drove in the drive over at the barn. Gene VanRhee was coming by to pick up a couple of heifers on his way home from the New York Spring Show. I decided he must be tired so I let him sleep. We got done milking and while I was making breakfast he finally got up and came in to nourish himself with blueberry pancakes, sausage and some strong coffee.

We got the heifers loaded and when we got all the socializing done he went on his way. While we were visiting the cows decided to make a spring jaunt..no, not up to Knolltop Morgans, they just busted into the pasture and were having a great time on the pretty green grass. After rounding them up, I finally got back in and still have dishes to do, a shower to take and a run to the store.

JW's game went well last night. He looked like a superstar when he came in to relieve the pitcher after five innings. He warmed up and then struck his first batter out in three pitches to get them out of a very long inning. Then he proceeded to strike out three more guys in the next inning and they won the game.

It's fun to have moments like that when you look like you saved the game. When in all actuality, he didn't save the game, they were up on Adrian-Madison by 6, so it wasn't as if the game was close, it was just that the other pitcher had thrown for three innings and was getting tired and started walking batters. He had done a great job...just got tired. Tonight they play Pittsford and it will probably be a very close game.

And finally, I will tell you this secret, but you have to promise not to tell BOBBY! He never reads my blog, so I don't have to worry about him seeing this, but I want all of you to be in on this surprise so when I write about in next week you'll have been in on the game.....so to speak.

This Saturday is Bobby's 50th birthday and his mom and sister are flying up to surprise him. They are supposed to get here on Saturday afternoon. I can't wait! And I can't keep a secret either! I'll let you know how it goes. Because Bobby's dad is retired from Delta Airlines, the family all fly on passes, so they are flying standby. So we all need to pray that they get on the flight, if they don't then they won't be able to come. So...pray!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big bucks spent at Butlerview Sale

Good morning from the Knolltop . It's balmy here! When we went across the road at 4:30 this morning it was 45 out and the temp is climbing...yes it smells and feels like spring and I love it....but I know it won't last. Because no one else on the web has decided to report on it, I will give a tidbit of the Butlerview Parade of Perfection Sale that happened last weekend in Elkhorn Wisconsin. The sale averaged $19,845 on 124 lots and the sale gross was....are you ready.....sit down for this one.....$2,460,800.00! Amazing isn't it? There were buyers from 23 states and Canada and the high seller was Lot 8 at $190,000 purchased by Triple Crown Genetics, Kingsmill Farm & Gene Iager . The next highest consignment was Lot 1 at $155,000 purchased by David Ludwig of Illinois and the third highest was Lot 46 at $96,000 and Mike Garrow & Gerald Todd went home with that bargain. Apparently it was a high intensity sale with well over 800 people in attendance. I just w...
JW is at it again with marketing goodies for his Senior Trip. And this is what he left on my stove after his entrepreneurial chocolate fest! Monday he bought the molds and chocolate and made some samples to take to school. Tuesday he took his pretty packages of goodies and handed them out, took the orders and sold $96 worth of chocolates! With the pretty boxes and bags his Nana sent up from Georgia, he melted his chocolate, put them in molds, stuck them in the freezer, tapped them out of the molds and put them in some fancy boxes and bags. This morning he took a laundry basket full of bags and boxes to deliver at school. I'm amazed at how a little packaging can take ordinary chocolate...and I mean ORDINARY...we're not talking Dove or Cadbury ....ORDINARY chocolate and make it into something people will buy. Just amazing!

Table Linens

Good Morning from a cool and kind of cloudy Knolltop! Wasn't that elf thing funny? I had a friend from PA send that to me and I laughed for at least 10 minutes. Then when I collected myself, I made one with my kids and me. You can only have five elves, so I didn't stick Bobby in...I should have! What a hoot! When the kids got home they watched it and we all laughed together! Then while we were milking we were trying to do the dance moves...of course we weren't nearly as good in our barn clothes as we are in our elf outfits! I said I would share a little more of thanksgiving, so I will now. Today's topic is simple. Linen. More specifically, linen tableclothes. My mom and I love linens and she has a boatload of old linens her mom gave to her. She loves to starch and iron them and hang them up to admire. I have to admit, there is nothing better than a freshly starched tablecloth. Then it was time to set the table for Thanksgiving we practially had a tablecloth unveiling. S...