Skip to main content

Beautiful Sunday Morning!

Good Sunday Morning! It's clear and cool here on the Knolltop and the big boys are getting ready to head to FFA Regional Officer camp. All the officers from each FFA chapter in our region gather at a campgrounds and do training stuff for two days. Now, I'm not sure what 3 on 3 basketball tournaments have to do with officer training, but that's all I've heard about for a week.

Luke is worried because the boys on their officer team aren't the star basketball players and of course, Luke wants to win the tournament. It doesn't matter if it's the NCAA championship game or go fish...Luke wants to win! As I sit here listening to them talk about the camp in the other room, they are strategizing their game.

From what I've read, they will be electing their Region 2 officers at this camp. JW is slated for President, if he doesn't get it then he will be Vice President. He doesn't know that yet....it's a secret...but like Bobby, JW doesn't read this blog either! He went through the interview process last weekend to be an officer. I'm excited for him.

Yesterday was another busy day. After chores, Luke, Sarah and I left for her volleyball tournament, JW went to work for the neighbor, Jake stayed home so he could go to baseball practice while Bobby stayed home to go to the hay sale.

We watched Sarah play a few games and then headed back home so I could get ready to go to a Ladies Tea. I was the featured speaker. My good friend Sue and I, donning our bestest tea outfits headed for the event. It was a great time visiting with other women and enjoying their fellowship, not to mention the wonderful goodies. A table filled with pies, cookies, bars, fruit and chocolate was heavenly!

After the tea, we came back home, I headed for the barn and after chores, Sarah and I sat and watched "Sarah Plain and Tall."

Today we have no basketball games, no volleyball games....we actually get to go to church and then home for a Sunday afternoon nap! But, right now, I'm headed to the treadmill....too many treats yesterday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big bucks spent at Butlerview Sale

Good morning from the Knolltop . It's balmy here! When we went across the road at 4:30 this morning it was 45 out and the temp is climbing...yes it smells and feels like spring and I love it....but I know it won't last. Because no one else on the web has decided to report on it, I will give a tidbit of the Butlerview Parade of Perfection Sale that happened last weekend in Elkhorn Wisconsin. The sale averaged $19,845 on 124 lots and the sale gross was....are you ready.....sit down for this one.....$2,460,800.00! Amazing isn't it? There were buyers from 23 states and Canada and the high seller was Lot 8 at $190,000 purchased by Triple Crown Genetics, Kingsmill Farm & Gene Iager . The next highest consignment was Lot 1 at $155,000 purchased by David Ludwig of Illinois and the third highest was Lot 46 at $96,000 and Mike Garrow & Gerald Todd went home with that bargain. Apparently it was a high intensity sale with well over 800 people in attendance. I just w...
JW is at it again with marketing goodies for his Senior Trip. And this is what he left on my stove after his entrepreneurial chocolate fest! Monday he bought the molds and chocolate and made some samples to take to school. Tuesday he took his pretty packages of goodies and handed them out, took the orders and sold $96 worth of chocolates! With the pretty boxes and bags his Nana sent up from Georgia, he melted his chocolate, put them in molds, stuck them in the freezer, tapped them out of the molds and put them in some fancy boxes and bags. This morning he took a laundry basket full of bags and boxes to deliver at school. I'm amazed at how a little packaging can take ordinary chocolate...and I mean ORDINARY...we're not talking Dove or Cadbury ....ORDINARY chocolate and make it into something people will buy. Just amazing!

Table Linens

Good Morning from a cool and kind of cloudy Knolltop! Wasn't that elf thing funny? I had a friend from PA send that to me and I laughed for at least 10 minutes. Then when I collected myself, I made one with my kids and me. You can only have five elves, so I didn't stick Bobby in...I should have! What a hoot! When the kids got home they watched it and we all laughed together! Then while we were milking we were trying to do the dance moves...of course we weren't nearly as good in our barn clothes as we are in our elf outfits! I said I would share a little more of thanksgiving, so I will now. Today's topic is simple. Linen. More specifically, linen tableclothes. My mom and I love linens and she has a boatload of old linens her mom gave to her. She loves to starch and iron them and hang them up to admire. I have to admit, there is nothing better than a freshly starched tablecloth. Then it was time to set the table for Thanksgiving we practially had a tablecloth unveiling. S...