Skip to main content

Working.....where?

It's another sunny morning here on the Knolltop, but not warm enough to wear shorts....yet.

Yesterday there were some comments on whether I was a working mom or not. It's funny, if you count up the hours I spend in the barn doing chores....it does add up and could be considered a job. But since I don't have to shower, put on make up and dress in business attire, I don't consider it a job. Especially since I just walk across the road to work. Actually, it's become more of a physical work out and if I don't do it, then I can't eat like a horse! Not only can I wear garage sale clothing, I get to spend quality time arguing with my husband while we make a living together. Plus, my children get to work along side of us...they love that! NOT!

So, all in all, I still consider myself a stay at home mom. I really have the best of both worlds.....am I spoiled or what?!

And these FFA ties...an instructional page on how to tie a tie in the FFA handbook! That's priceless! But needed for a bunch of farm boys who never had to wear a tie except on Easter and Christmas!

In JW's defense...he knows how to tie a tie.....he just doesn't like to! His father taught both of the boys how to properly make a knot!

Better get going....more writing to do!

Comments

Anonymous said…
These young fellas will inadvertently end up next to a PTO or something having never considered they shouldn't be wearing a knotted tie around their necks. Clip-ons. This is standard procedure in say, the security business. Cut and velcro at the back, in case an unruly drunkard gets a grip... see?
:)

Popular posts from this blog

Big bucks spent at Butlerview Sale

Good morning from the Knolltop . It's balmy here! When we went across the road at 4:30 this morning it was 45 out and the temp is climbing...yes it smells and feels like spring and I love it....but I know it won't last. Because no one else on the web has decided to report on it, I will give a tidbit of the Butlerview Parade of Perfection Sale that happened last weekend in Elkhorn Wisconsin. The sale averaged $19,845 on 124 lots and the sale gross was....are you ready.....sit down for this one.....$2,460,800.00! Amazing isn't it? There were buyers from 23 states and Canada and the high seller was Lot 8 at $190,000 purchased by Triple Crown Genetics, Kingsmill Farm & Gene Iager . The next highest consignment was Lot 1 at $155,000 purchased by David Ludwig of Illinois and the third highest was Lot 46 at $96,000 and Mike Garrow & Gerald Todd went home with that bargain. Apparently it was a high intensity sale with well over 800 people in attendance. I just w...
JW is at it again with marketing goodies for his Senior Trip. And this is what he left on my stove after his entrepreneurial chocolate fest! Monday he bought the molds and chocolate and made some samples to take to school. Tuesday he took his pretty packages of goodies and handed them out, took the orders and sold $96 worth of chocolates! With the pretty boxes and bags his Nana sent up from Georgia, he melted his chocolate, put them in molds, stuck them in the freezer, tapped them out of the molds and put them in some fancy boxes and bags. This morning he took a laundry basket full of bags and boxes to deliver at school. I'm amazed at how a little packaging can take ordinary chocolate...and I mean ORDINARY...we're not talking Dove or Cadbury ....ORDINARY chocolate and make it into something people will buy. Just amazing!

Table Linens

Good Morning from a cool and kind of cloudy Knolltop! Wasn't that elf thing funny? I had a friend from PA send that to me and I laughed for at least 10 minutes. Then when I collected myself, I made one with my kids and me. You can only have five elves, so I didn't stick Bobby in...I should have! What a hoot! When the kids got home they watched it and we all laughed together! Then while we were milking we were trying to do the dance moves...of course we weren't nearly as good in our barn clothes as we are in our elf outfits! I said I would share a little more of thanksgiving, so I will now. Today's topic is simple. Linen. More specifically, linen tableclothes. My mom and I love linens and she has a boatload of old linens her mom gave to her. She loves to starch and iron them and hang them up to admire. I have to admit, there is nothing better than a freshly starched tablecloth. Then it was time to set the table for Thanksgiving we practially had a tablecloth unveiling. S...