Skip to main content

How tall is she?

Good Morning from a breezy, cloudy kind of sunny Knolltop.

It's amazing what 24 hours in bed can do for a person. After I got done blogging yesterday morning, whatever Bobby had, hit me like a ton of bricks and laid me flat out in bed! I didn't cook, milk, feed calves, do laundry, nothing. I didn't even answer the phone! All I did was lay in misery in my bed and wait for whatever the bug I had to run it's course.

When I got out of bed this morning at 6:30 it was amazing how much better I felt! So I'm back among the living and I know my children are glad to have two functioning parents again. Jake got up to feed the calves for me this morning so I haven't even been outside yet. Those farm kids are great! I can't say enough good about how they just step up to the plate and start swinging!

Okay, now I've got a contest for us. Frank Robinson sent me this picture.

And now we all have to guess how tall this Brown Swiss heifer is. So, get your guessers tuned up and wager a guess at how tall you think she is at the shoulders, in inches, and post a comment to me or email me, whatever you think. I'll let you know Monday how tall she is. I really don't have any prizes to hand out for the winner....well unless you want a pair of white dress pants or pilot's coveralls.

That's a joke that I'll have to explain. My dad loves to buy stuff over the Internet from the government. His latest purchase was a "random box of crap" from the Navy. There was one or two things he wanted in this box but he ended up with 400 pairs of mittens, 75 pairs of white dress pants, in all sizes, and I don't know how many pairs of overalls in drab green that pilots wear. Needless to say, my kids will have show pants for the rest of their cattle showing days!

Now, I'm really behind, I've got to get my column written that was due yesterday!

Comments

Anonymous said…
68 inches, wow, tall heifer, Frank must be out west, I can see mountains. Wish we had some of them in our back yard. PH
Anonymous said…
66 inches
Francis and Pat
threecollie said…
I was gonna guess 68, but I will say 69 just to be different....after all everyone needs white dress pants.
Glad you are feeling a bit better.
LoriLiz said…
after much thought I am going with 72 inches...
Anonymous said…
First. Is this Frank in the pic? and how tall is HE?
Anonymous said…
Okay, Matt thinks it is a steer. But to offer up a guess, he says 65 inches.

I say 67 inches.

This heifer really does make Frank look like a shrimp, huh?

~Mandy
Anonymous said…
ok After much thought and looking at other pictures of Frank I am going to say 70in
Anonymous said…
Whoops, I forgot to sign my guess. The last comment was sent by mom.

Popular posts from this blog

Big bucks spent at Butlerview Sale

Good morning from the Knolltop . It's balmy here! When we went across the road at 4:30 this morning it was 45 out and the temp is climbing...yes it smells and feels like spring and I love it....but I know it won't last. Because no one else on the web has decided to report on it, I will give a tidbit of the Butlerview Parade of Perfection Sale that happened last weekend in Elkhorn Wisconsin. The sale averaged $19,845 on 124 lots and the sale gross was....are you ready.....sit down for this one.....$2,460,800.00! Amazing isn't it? There were buyers from 23 states and Canada and the high seller was Lot 8 at $190,000 purchased by Triple Crown Genetics, Kingsmill Farm & Gene Iager . The next highest consignment was Lot 1 at $155,000 purchased by David Ludwig of Illinois and the third highest was Lot 46 at $96,000 and Mike Garrow & Gerald Todd went home with that bargain. Apparently it was a high intensity sale with well over 800 people in attendance. I just w...
JW is at it again with marketing goodies for his Senior Trip. And this is what he left on my stove after his entrepreneurial chocolate fest! Monday he bought the molds and chocolate and made some samples to take to school. Tuesday he took his pretty packages of goodies and handed them out, took the orders and sold $96 worth of chocolates! With the pretty boxes and bags his Nana sent up from Georgia, he melted his chocolate, put them in molds, stuck them in the freezer, tapped them out of the molds and put them in some fancy boxes and bags. This morning he took a laundry basket full of bags and boxes to deliver at school. I'm amazed at how a little packaging can take ordinary chocolate...and I mean ORDINARY...we're not talking Dove or Cadbury ....ORDINARY chocolate and make it into something people will buy. Just amazing!

Table Linens

Good Morning from a cool and kind of cloudy Knolltop! Wasn't that elf thing funny? I had a friend from PA send that to me and I laughed for at least 10 minutes. Then when I collected myself, I made one with my kids and me. You can only have five elves, so I didn't stick Bobby in...I should have! What a hoot! When the kids got home they watched it and we all laughed together! Then while we were milking we were trying to do the dance moves...of course we weren't nearly as good in our barn clothes as we are in our elf outfits! I said I would share a little more of thanksgiving, so I will now. Today's topic is simple. Linen. More specifically, linen tableclothes. My mom and I love linens and she has a boatload of old linens her mom gave to her. She loves to starch and iron them and hang them up to admire. I have to admit, there is nothing better than a freshly starched tablecloth. Then it was time to set the table for Thanksgiving we practially had a tablecloth unveiling. S...