Skip to main content

My children are the BEST!

Who had the best Mothers Day? ME!

Good morning from an overcast, 40 degree Knolltop! Yesterday was another great day for this mom. It started with my most favorite morning greeting in the world...."You stay in bed honey, the kids and I are going to do the chores!" YES! So, I dropped back into bed and obeyed!

I slept until 6:30 and then finally got up and made breakfast for everyone....since we were out of cereal and I didn't want my kids to have to come in from the barn and then scrounge around the kitchen trying to make anything from scratch. Although, I don't think they were planning making breakfast....but....you never know so I saved them the trouble.

When we got home from church, I changed clothes and settled in for a rainy day Sunday afternoon nap. When I woke up, I heard whispering...something was up....but what? I went to the kitchen and started making cookies and took some ground beef out for hamburgers on the grill. The older boys were getting ready to walk out the door when I asked them where they were going, they said they had to run to Buddies to get something for Daddy. By the smirk on their faces I could tell that's not exactly where they were headed. So...trying to make them squirm just a bit more, I asked them to pick up some hamburger buns and some chips for me....they quickly said yes and were almost out the door, but then JW walked over to Sarah and whispered some instructions. I acted like I had no idea what was going on and continued to work in the kitchen.

As I worked in the kitchen preparing for the meal, Jake finally said, "Mom, why don't you just go lay down!" Sarah sneered at him and said, "Jake, you're going to give it away!" I agreed I should just lay down and that's what I did until the boys arrived back home 30 minutes later.

They walked in with pizza and said, "Wow, mom, did you know that they sold pizza at Buddies? It's a new thing they're doing now!" They were so proud of themselves I couldn't let on that I knew anything....so I just acted surprised!

It was a real treat to have my kids do that for me. I also received a bouquet of hand picked flowers and a card from Sarah and Jake made a couple of special projects in school for me. What a great day!

And what did I do for my mom? Well, she got to spend a day watching game after game after game after game after game of volleyball at Sarah's tournament on Saturday. She and my dad came down and after watching a couple hours of volleyball, dad took us to lunch at this really great cafe...which when he picked it out, I was very leery of eating there, but it turned out to be a great lunch......I really should learn to trust my dad and his eating establishment choices. Then we went back and watched more volleyball until the last ball was bumped!

So...moms...time to report in...what did you do for your special day?

Comments

Anonymous said…
I watched my granddaughter be baptised, in a gown that her mother used, I probably was and maybe my dad was too.
Watching my daughter and husband and thinking of all the nieces and nephews that we all supported 20-30 some years ago. Memories! We are truly blessed. ph
Anonymous said…
AMEN
Francis and Pat

Popular posts from this blog

Big bucks spent at Butlerview Sale

Good morning from the Knolltop . It's balmy here! When we went across the road at 4:30 this morning it was 45 out and the temp is climbing...yes it smells and feels like spring and I love it....but I know it won't last. Because no one else on the web has decided to report on it, I will give a tidbit of the Butlerview Parade of Perfection Sale that happened last weekend in Elkhorn Wisconsin. The sale averaged $19,845 on 124 lots and the sale gross was....are you ready.....sit down for this one.....$2,460,800.00! Amazing isn't it? There were buyers from 23 states and Canada and the high seller was Lot 8 at $190,000 purchased by Triple Crown Genetics, Kingsmill Farm & Gene Iager . The next highest consignment was Lot 1 at $155,000 purchased by David Ludwig of Illinois and the third highest was Lot 46 at $96,000 and Mike Garrow & Gerald Todd went home with that bargain. Apparently it was a high intensity sale with well over 800 people in attendance. I just w...
JW is at it again with marketing goodies for his Senior Trip. And this is what he left on my stove after his entrepreneurial chocolate fest! Monday he bought the molds and chocolate and made some samples to take to school. Tuesday he took his pretty packages of goodies and handed them out, took the orders and sold $96 worth of chocolates! With the pretty boxes and bags his Nana sent up from Georgia, he melted his chocolate, put them in molds, stuck them in the freezer, tapped them out of the molds and put them in some fancy boxes and bags. This morning he took a laundry basket full of bags and boxes to deliver at school. I'm amazed at how a little packaging can take ordinary chocolate...and I mean ORDINARY...we're not talking Dove or Cadbury ....ORDINARY chocolate and make it into something people will buy. Just amazing!

Table Linens

Good Morning from a cool and kind of cloudy Knolltop! Wasn't that elf thing funny? I had a friend from PA send that to me and I laughed for at least 10 minutes. Then when I collected myself, I made one with my kids and me. You can only have five elves, so I didn't stick Bobby in...I should have! What a hoot! When the kids got home they watched it and we all laughed together! Then while we were milking we were trying to do the dance moves...of course we weren't nearly as good in our barn clothes as we are in our elf outfits! I said I would share a little more of thanksgiving, so I will now. Today's topic is simple. Linen. More specifically, linen tableclothes. My mom and I love linens and she has a boatload of old linens her mom gave to her. She loves to starch and iron them and hang them up to admire. I have to admit, there is nothing better than a freshly starched tablecloth. Then it was time to set the table for Thanksgiving we practially had a tablecloth unveiling. S...