Skip to main content

Answered Prayer

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your prayers for Sara! She emailed me this morning and said things went so well yesterday with their situation it left people scratching their heads wondering how it all happened. Well those weren't her words, but that's what she described! So things have calmed down a bit, but she still needs prayer. God is so good to us!

I have to comment about the wonderful breakfast I just had. After I cooked the bacon on the griddle, I poured some pecan pancakes on and they just fried up so crispy and nice. Oh my, pancakes cooked in bacon grease is so unhealthy, but oh....sooooo goooood! And wasn't I just saying yesterday how fat I was? I guess I'd better walk more!

Okay, this is what I want to ask today. Where on this blog does it state or even slightly imply that we have an organic dairy? Do I sound like an organic producer? Do I look like an organic farmer? Do I act like one? No, I don't think I look, act, or sound like an organic dairy farmer yet the man who hosts the farm blogs website wrote that I had an organic dairy farm. My friends....this is the perfect example of how rumors get started!

Well, I'm off to walk and then the kids and I will go work with the show string. Yesterday we had a new recruit working with the cows. One of Luke's best buddies decided he wanted to rinse all the heifers off. So he stood there with the hose in hand while we brought him heifers. This wouldn't be so funny if it weren't for the fact that he's not from a farm. In fact, he's the local athletic director's son and his life revolves around....what else but athletics! So to see him standing in the barnyard rinsing off the heifers was quite a sight.

Tomorrow we will head down memory lane with Bobby and Brookview Farms.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big bucks spent at Butlerview Sale

Good morning from the Knolltop . It's balmy here! When we went across the road at 4:30 this morning it was 45 out and the temp is climbing...yes it smells and feels like spring and I love it....but I know it won't last. Because no one else on the web has decided to report on it, I will give a tidbit of the Butlerview Parade of Perfection Sale that happened last weekend in Elkhorn Wisconsin. The sale averaged $19,845 on 124 lots and the sale gross was....are you ready.....sit down for this one.....$2,460,800.00! Amazing isn't it? There were buyers from 23 states and Canada and the high seller was Lot 8 at $190,000 purchased by Triple Crown Genetics, Kingsmill Farm & Gene Iager . The next highest consignment was Lot 1 at $155,000 purchased by David Ludwig of Illinois and the third highest was Lot 46 at $96,000 and Mike Garrow & Gerald Todd went home with that bargain. Apparently it was a high intensity sale with well over 800 people in attendance. I just w...
JW is at it again with marketing goodies for his Senior Trip. And this is what he left on my stove after his entrepreneurial chocolate fest! Monday he bought the molds and chocolate and made some samples to take to school. Tuesday he took his pretty packages of goodies and handed them out, took the orders and sold $96 worth of chocolates! With the pretty boxes and bags his Nana sent up from Georgia, he melted his chocolate, put them in molds, stuck them in the freezer, tapped them out of the molds and put them in some fancy boxes and bags. This morning he took a laundry basket full of bags and boxes to deliver at school. I'm amazed at how a little packaging can take ordinary chocolate...and I mean ORDINARY...we're not talking Dove or Cadbury ....ORDINARY chocolate and make it into something people will buy. Just amazing!

Table Linens

Good Morning from a cool and kind of cloudy Knolltop! Wasn't that elf thing funny? I had a friend from PA send that to me and I laughed for at least 10 minutes. Then when I collected myself, I made one with my kids and me. You can only have five elves, so I didn't stick Bobby in...I should have! What a hoot! When the kids got home they watched it and we all laughed together! Then while we were milking we were trying to do the dance moves...of course we weren't nearly as good in our barn clothes as we are in our elf outfits! I said I would share a little more of thanksgiving, so I will now. Today's topic is simple. Linen. More specifically, linen tableclothes. My mom and I love linens and she has a boatload of old linens her mom gave to her. She loves to starch and iron them and hang them up to admire. I have to admit, there is nothing better than a freshly starched tablecloth. Then it was time to set the table for Thanksgiving we practially had a tablecloth unveiling. S...