Skip to main content

A trip to Brookview

Good Morning from another cool Knolltop. It took me half way through the heifer chores to take off my sweatshirt...that's a cool morning!
Yesterday I said we would travel down memory lane....so here we go. While JW was on a judging trip in Ohio, they stopped at Brookview Farms where Bobby used to be the herd manager. They walked in and Eric Havens greeted them and apparently took one look at JW and said, "You're Bobby's son!" They visited for a bit and then Eric disappeared and came back with several pictures of cows they had bred over the years and all of them had Bobby and the halter. He thought JW would enjoy bringing them home to Bobby and then listening to a story about each cow.
And that's what happened. JW walked in the door and immediately took the pictures to his dad and they looked them all over. Here are a few of them.

This is Brookview Brightstar Hattie. I don't remember her story...but look at how skinny Bobby is!And this is Brookview Kit Danelle. I've heard this name quite a few times but if you think I remember what her story is....think again! I'm lucky that her name rings a bell. But look at those tight jeans on Bobby!This is Brookview Christopher Cheer. Her name doesn't ring a bell, I remember nothing about her. So that means she was just an average milk cow and must not have made it to very many shows. Look at that rump...who would want to take her to the show! (Sorry Eric)This is Brookview Valiant Honey-ET. I do remember Bobby saying he really liked this heifer. And I really like the guy in the picture.And this is Knolltop Aspen Honey. Yes, her name does ring a bell, I know her personally, I even take her for walks and give her a bath....she's Holly's daughter! We just got our pictures back from Frank and I had to share them...I'll share Pontoon's picture tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big bucks spent at Butlerview Sale

Good morning from the Knolltop . It's balmy here! When we went across the road at 4:30 this morning it was 45 out and the temp is climbing...yes it smells and feels like spring and I love it....but I know it won't last. Because no one else on the web has decided to report on it, I will give a tidbit of the Butlerview Parade of Perfection Sale that happened last weekend in Elkhorn Wisconsin. The sale averaged $19,845 on 124 lots and the sale gross was....are you ready.....sit down for this one.....$2,460,800.00! Amazing isn't it? There were buyers from 23 states and Canada and the high seller was Lot 8 at $190,000 purchased by Triple Crown Genetics, Kingsmill Farm & Gene Iager . The next highest consignment was Lot 1 at $155,000 purchased by David Ludwig of Illinois and the third highest was Lot 46 at $96,000 and Mike Garrow & Gerald Todd went home with that bargain. Apparently it was a high intensity sale with well over 800 people in attendance. I just w...
JW is at it again with marketing goodies for his Senior Trip. And this is what he left on my stove after his entrepreneurial chocolate fest! Monday he bought the molds and chocolate and made some samples to take to school. Tuesday he took his pretty packages of goodies and handed them out, took the orders and sold $96 worth of chocolates! With the pretty boxes and bags his Nana sent up from Georgia, he melted his chocolate, put them in molds, stuck them in the freezer, tapped them out of the molds and put them in some fancy boxes and bags. This morning he took a laundry basket full of bags and boxes to deliver at school. I'm amazed at how a little packaging can take ordinary chocolate...and I mean ORDINARY...we're not talking Dove or Cadbury ....ORDINARY chocolate and make it into something people will buy. Just amazing!

Table Linens

Good Morning from a cool and kind of cloudy Knolltop! Wasn't that elf thing funny? I had a friend from PA send that to me and I laughed for at least 10 minutes. Then when I collected myself, I made one with my kids and me. You can only have five elves, so I didn't stick Bobby in...I should have! What a hoot! When the kids got home they watched it and we all laughed together! Then while we were milking we were trying to do the dance moves...of course we weren't nearly as good in our barn clothes as we are in our elf outfits! I said I would share a little more of thanksgiving, so I will now. Today's topic is simple. Linen. More specifically, linen tableclothes. My mom and I love linens and she has a boatload of old linens her mom gave to her. She loves to starch and iron them and hang them up to admire. I have to admit, there is nothing better than a freshly starched tablecloth. Then it was time to set the table for Thanksgiving we practially had a tablecloth unveiling. S...