Skip to main content

Sounding Intelligent

It's another picture perfect day here on the Knolltop. Although we need rain, it's been a summer to remember.

Yesterday I had the chance to be on Rural Route Radio with Trent Loos and Kyle Bauer again. It's so much fun when I get that chance to be on with those two jokers. Although yesterday I was the resident dairy expert and those of you who know me well....know that's a stretch!

We can talk about kids, farms, farm families, communication issues consumer trends or anything else relating to humans but don't ask me to sound intelligent about drug companies, land grant university research and dollars and cents relating to it. And that's what I had to do yesterday. Boy was it difficult. If you listen, you'll hear more of Kyle and Trent than me because no matter how I tried to wrap my brain around GMOs and research and the economic impact and public perception of those, I just couldn't do it!

It's always good to be challenge and no matter how I meet up with Trent, whether it's on the radio, the phone or in person, he continues to challenge me and he enjoys every minute of it!

Now I'm off to the doctor with Luke to find out how is ankle is progressing. Tomorrow is school shopping!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Grandma's hickory rocker sits in my mom's kitchen now, its got a new seat and coat of varnish but I can still hear grandma singing "Down in the Valley" rocking my baby cousin to sleep with my sister and I perched on the arms...thanks for kindling a fond memory-every kitchen should have a rocking chair Shady Knoll

Popular posts from this blog

Big bucks spent at Butlerview Sale

Good morning from the Knolltop . It's balmy here! When we went across the road at 4:30 this morning it was 45 out and the temp is climbing...yes it smells and feels like spring and I love it....but I know it won't last. Because no one else on the web has decided to report on it, I will give a tidbit of the Butlerview Parade of Perfection Sale that happened last weekend in Elkhorn Wisconsin. The sale averaged $19,845 on 124 lots and the sale gross was....are you ready.....sit down for this one.....$2,460,800.00! Amazing isn't it? There were buyers from 23 states and Canada and the high seller was Lot 8 at $190,000 purchased by Triple Crown Genetics, Kingsmill Farm & Gene Iager . The next highest consignment was Lot 1 at $155,000 purchased by David Ludwig of Illinois and the third highest was Lot 46 at $96,000 and Mike Garrow & Gerald Todd went home with that bargain. Apparently it was a high intensity sale with well over 800 people in attendance. I just w...
JW is at it again with marketing goodies for his Senior Trip. And this is what he left on my stove after his entrepreneurial chocolate fest! Monday he bought the molds and chocolate and made some samples to take to school. Tuesday he took his pretty packages of goodies and handed them out, took the orders and sold $96 worth of chocolates! With the pretty boxes and bags his Nana sent up from Georgia, he melted his chocolate, put them in molds, stuck them in the freezer, tapped them out of the molds and put them in some fancy boxes and bags. This morning he took a laundry basket full of bags and boxes to deliver at school. I'm amazed at how a little packaging can take ordinary chocolate...and I mean ORDINARY...we're not talking Dove or Cadbury ....ORDINARY chocolate and make it into something people will buy. Just amazing!

Table Linens

Good Morning from a cool and kind of cloudy Knolltop! Wasn't that elf thing funny? I had a friend from PA send that to me and I laughed for at least 10 minutes. Then when I collected myself, I made one with my kids and me. You can only have five elves, so I didn't stick Bobby in...I should have! What a hoot! When the kids got home they watched it and we all laughed together! Then while we were milking we were trying to do the dance moves...of course we weren't nearly as good in our barn clothes as we are in our elf outfits! I said I would share a little more of thanksgiving, so I will now. Today's topic is simple. Linen. More specifically, linen tableclothes. My mom and I love linens and she has a boatload of old linens her mom gave to her. She loves to starch and iron them and hang them up to admire. I have to admit, there is nothing better than a freshly starched tablecloth. Then it was time to set the table for Thanksgiving we practially had a tablecloth unveiling. S...