Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Learning from the Young Ones

If you follow some of the young bloggers out there on Instagram, you know, those chic moms who have beautiful homes, perfect wardrobes and more on the ball than I ever thought of having at age 30, then you've seen how they are all revealing their Christmas decor. 

I just want to say....I'm not ready yet!  I just took down the dead ferns that were hanging on my front porch with the fourth of July swag.  I just turned the calendar from summer to fall and they are already on Christmas! They have young children, I don't.  They are on Instagram filming a zillion stories in a day, I'm not.  Their wardrobes are complete from A to Z in their huge walk-in closets and I'm over here with my old Farmhouse closet that I'm constantly shoving clothes into because I don't have enough room. 

While I may sound just a little jealous of their closets, which I am, I will admit, I have learned a ton from them!  They know more about hair, make-up and shopping hacks than I ever thought about knowing at that age.  With four young kids I was just happy to take a shower twice a week without the house burning down, much less dress up in a cool fall outfit and stroll through a perfect looking park in Savannah with someone taking a photo of me! How do they do that?

Anyway, today I celebrate the fact that I now have fall decorations on one of my porches.  I need to work on the other porch.....after I finish a few writing pieces that are waiting to be written!

By the way, if you're interested in following some of these great young women who have taught me a ton you can find them on Insta here:

@celesteharned - She's one of the aggie moms out there....love her practical take on life!
@courtney_sheilds - Fashion and decorating and transparent!
@nestingwithgrace - decorates in small spaces, love her look!
@alyson_hayley - I watch her for fashion and hair.  And she's just so cute!
@k8_smallthings - She is my favorite and has taught me bunches about hair and she's REAL! 
@fresh_coast_farmgirl - I love her farmhouse that she is transforming, plus I know this sweetie personally and she's awesome!
@seejessfarm - This dairy girl is awesome! It's all about dairy farming, all the time. I love her total transparency!

Have a great Tuesday!

No comments: