Skip to main content

Snow! Before Thanksgiving!

It's a snowy Friday morning in my neck of the woods! I wasn't expecting snow this early, I guess I haven't been watching the weather very closely.


Snow before Thanksgiving is honestly unacceptable.


I just finished a phone call with the local Salvation Army Church as part of a story I'm working on for the MMPA Milk Messenger about the 10 Gallon Milk Challenge that has become popular this year.  I explained what it was and the Captain said that milk was in huge demand. She said someone came in just last week with crates of half gallons of milk and she couldn't believe how quickly they went.

It's time people.  The price of milk in the store is at an all time low.  Why not go buy 10 gallons of milk and take it to your local food pantry or Salvation Army.  It helps the demand for milk and puts the best food we produce in the bellies of hungry people.  It's honestly a match made in heaven.....well, maybe that's too far, but it's definitely one of the best ideas out there!

Later today we will make our way to Belmont, Ohio for the Ohio Holstein Fall Tour that is set for tomorrow at 11 am, at Plainfield Farms. The Plainfield Farms Hotel has a vacancy and I hear they are bringing in a top-notch cook for dinner tonight! Can't wait to spend some time with those Ohio Holstein breeders!

Have a great Friday!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big bucks spent at Butlerview Sale

Good morning from the Knolltop . It's balmy here! When we went across the road at 4:30 this morning it was 45 out and the temp is climbing...yes it smells and feels like spring and I love it....but I know it won't last. Because no one else on the web has decided to report on it, I will give a tidbit of the Butlerview Parade of Perfection Sale that happened last weekend in Elkhorn Wisconsin. The sale averaged $19,845 on 124 lots and the sale gross was....are you ready.....sit down for this one.....$2,460,800.00! Amazing isn't it? There were buyers from 23 states and Canada and the high seller was Lot 8 at $190,000 purchased by Triple Crown Genetics, Kingsmill Farm & Gene Iager . The next highest consignment was Lot 1 at $155,000 purchased by David Ludwig of Illinois and the third highest was Lot 46 at $96,000 and Mike Garrow & Gerald Todd went home with that bargain. Apparently it was a high intensity sale with well over 800 people in attendance. I just w...
JW is at it again with marketing goodies for his Senior Trip. And this is what he left on my stove after his entrepreneurial chocolate fest! Monday he bought the molds and chocolate and made some samples to take to school. Tuesday he took his pretty packages of goodies and handed them out, took the orders and sold $96 worth of chocolates! With the pretty boxes and bags his Nana sent up from Georgia, he melted his chocolate, put them in molds, stuck them in the freezer, tapped them out of the molds and put them in some fancy boxes and bags. This morning he took a laundry basket full of bags and boxes to deliver at school. I'm amazed at how a little packaging can take ordinary chocolate...and I mean ORDINARY...we're not talking Dove or Cadbury ....ORDINARY chocolate and make it into something people will buy. Just amazing!

Table Linens

Good Morning from a cool and kind of cloudy Knolltop! Wasn't that elf thing funny? I had a friend from PA send that to me and I laughed for at least 10 minutes. Then when I collected myself, I made one with my kids and me. You can only have five elves, so I didn't stick Bobby in...I should have! What a hoot! When the kids got home they watched it and we all laughed together! Then while we were milking we were trying to do the dance moves...of course we weren't nearly as good in our barn clothes as we are in our elf outfits! I said I would share a little more of thanksgiving, so I will now. Today's topic is simple. Linen. More specifically, linen tableclothes. My mom and I love linens and she has a boatload of old linens her mom gave to her. She loves to starch and iron them and hang them up to admire. I have to admit, there is nothing better than a freshly starched tablecloth. Then it was time to set the table for Thanksgiving we practially had a tablecloth unveiling. S...