Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Sunday, September 30, 2007

All home and glad of it

We are finally done with the fair. Not that I'm glad to see it end, but my body is glad.

We brought the cows home last evening and then went out and got all the tack this morning. We didn't get there in time for the boys to pick up their trophies from the trophy case. I'll have to go get those in the morning.

Yesterday was the large animal livestock sale, dairy judging and the super showmanship contest. JW and Sarah did dairy judging and JW was determined to win. And he did. I was glad because I knew he would be very disappointed if he didn't win at his county fair after spending half the summer and part of the fall traveling the midwest with the state judging team. Sarah was 6th, which is very good for her...she is absolutely clueless on how to judge a cow or give reasons. I need to give her a little lesson on this I guess.

One of my favorite 4-H members, Matt Mann won the super showmanship contest. I was so glad, although the kid had won four out of the eight species during the week, he had to pick one specie to represent. As far as I'm concerned, they didn't even have to hold the contest, he won it already. He is an intense showman and a real standout.

It was a great week for all of us. We weren't involved in any controversy or drama...that I know about. And we are all glad to be home. Today has been filled with kids doing homework, napping and watching football.

Better get to the barn!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

During the fair is the only time I
can remember falling asleep while
I was eating.
Francis and Pat