Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Sunday, September 2, 2007

Another tradition

I just got done putting an apple and pumpkin pie in the oven. It's a clear day and it's not too hot, so I thought I would make pies for dessert. As I was finishing the top for the apple, I looked over and here were my two youngest kids sitting at the table with a plate of apple peelings, dipping them in sugar and eating them. I just had to snicker...that's what we used to do when we were kids and my mom made a pie. It's great to have traditions to define a family and to bring back some great memories.

Pretty soon, my house will smell just like fall on a Sunday afternoon!

By the way, did anyone notice yesterday that Michigan got beat by some small college in North Carolina that no one had ever heard of before and now they are fodder for every sports caster in the nation? I love it. And what I love even more is that Michigan State won!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do mean a small college in N. C. that no one has heard of? It is located in Boone, N. C., just off the Blue Ridge Parkway in one of the most beautiful areas of the U S of A.

A Southern Bells Husband

Melissa Hart said...

Well, us Yankees ain't never heard of no Appalacian State! Besides, when I refer to it as a no name school it's more degrading to U of M fans!