Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Micro

Now the world really is small.

Remember a couple of days ago when I posted about the Daily Herald Opinion Page editor Dave Beery, whom I visited with on the phone? After visiting with each other we realized my brother, Rex, taught in the same town that he grew up in?

Well, my brother read that here and called me to tell me that he used to work on the weekends for a crop farmer named Leland Beery. Leland also was on staff at Manchester College...this is exactly what Dave Beery had shared with me. Oh my, could these two be brothers?

I immediately emailed Dave and asked if by chance his brothers' name was Leland. He answered back and.....IT WAS! Isn't that amazing? Here we are, two strangers, miles apart, get acquainted because of a simple letter to the editor and find out our brothers worked with each other in a small town in Indiana! Yes, the world is a very small place.

No comments: