Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Another cool morning

I had to wear a sweat shirt to milk this morning. It's so nice and cool, it makes me feel like baking!


The kids are all gone and Bobby has to go to a Michigan Holstein meeting today. I will stay at home and write. I've got quite a few things to work on including an interview with the president of the National Corn Growers today. He's in Lansing for an agri business convention and I have the opportunity for a phone interview. I enjoy doing interviews, but not when I have to discuss technical stuff like ethanol and the price of corn. I have a practical knowledge but I don't know the economics of it all...so in an effort to sound smart, I asked my cohort from Kansas, the one who knows it all...to come up with some questions. He gave me a good start so now I know where to go.


Last night during milking time, I was telling the boys that I had to do this interview today...they asked me what I questions I came up with...I said I didn't know and asked them if they had any ideas. JW piped up and said, "Ask him 'Is that real hair in your nostrals or are they implants?'"


Of course then Luke, JW and I just fell out laughing! JW can come up with the strangest stuff.


Well, better get on my research....corn, corn, corn!

No comments: