Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Holidays are almost over

Christmas has come and gone and we are embarking on a new year and I haven't once said Merry Christmas from a snowy Knolltop! So....Merry Christmas from the Knolltop!

It's been a great holiday so far. I think I have spent more time enjoying the holiday this year than in years past. I spent Christmas Eve in the shopping malls doing all of my buying and it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. Actually, it was very nice. There were bargains galore and not that many people. Three of my kids when with me and we had a great time.

Then after Christmas I went shopping again for the extended family Christmas and we again, had a great time shopping. We even had lunch out....that was so much fun!

On Christmas day we had no trouble in the barn at all. We got in, opened presents, visited with each other and then I went to the kitchen and began cooking. We had a wonderful meal together stuffing ourselves to the gills and then layed around for a little while longer before we headed back out to the barn to work it off.

Christmas with my extended family was a total riot. We did a gift exhange this year where we picked a gift and then traded if we wanted to. I was afraid it wasn't going to work and the kids would hate it, but it was quite the opposite, they loved it! And the one gift I bought that I thought was going to be the reject was the most beloved gift of my nephew Adam. He loved the hot chocolate kit!

In celebration of Sarah's birthday, Grandma took Sarah and me to a nail salon and we got pedicures and manicures and then went out to lunch! Now that was sooooo much fun! We have beautiful hands and toes and a great day of memories. I think I could get hooked on pedicures!

Now today, I'm trying to get organized, but it's not going well. I guess I can do that tomorrow...I wouldn't want to ruin my perfect year of chaos!

No comments: