Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Friday, July 16, 2010

It's Friday!

It's a beautiful morning here on the Knolltop.  A very hot day is in store for our neck of the woods!

Sarah and I will head to go pick blueberries before it gets too hot and then I'm just not sure what we will do.

Last evening, in the heat and humidity, Sarah had a volleyball workout and Luke went and played basketball.  When they got home, Luke's shirt was soaked!  I asked him if that was all sweat and he assured me it was and then said, "That's what happens when you want to win every game...you get sweaty."

Today he's off again to bale more straw and then will take his Farmall M to a tractor show a few miles south of here.  JW is in St. Louis at a NASCAR race.  He is mounting and balancing tires for Comp Tire.  They provide all the tires for the racing teams and he gets to go to the races and do his tire thing.  Last weekend he was in Chicago for a race and the highlight of the weekend was that Danica Patrick (sp?) said "Hi" to him.  He was all smiles.

Now I'll leave you with a few baseball pictures that I neglected to post this spring!

The outfielders pounding for good luck.

Luke dumping the gravel out of his newly painted catchers helmet.
JW warming a pitcher up, he got to play catcher for a couple of games.

No comments: