Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Jake the Rockstar

Good Morning from the sunny, but cool Knolltop!

Honey's baby now has a name....Honeymaid! There is a short story behind that name. From the time I was a kid, I've always enjoyed dipping graham crackers in milk. I did it then, I still do it now and I've inadvertently taught my children about the goodness of graham crackers in milk.

A few months ago, I was arguing with someone about the price of graham crackers and that the store brand is just as good as the name brand. Then one day the name brand went on sale, so I bought some. Luke and I sat down to share some Honeymaid graham crackers and milk and we looked at each other and agreed, they were so much better than the store brand!

So when Luke was searching for a name for Honey's calf, Honeymaid just seemed appropriate!

Yesterday afternoon, Jake acquired a drum set from a friend and he has been playing them ever since, so when I heard him outside, I decided to take a peek. The video camera was a must and now because I know Nana and Grandma will get a kick out of this, I will share another video. Just so you know, Luke, JW, Sarah and I were all outside watching the rock star do his stuff!

Well, I'm currently uploading it right now, it takes a while, when it's done it will appear!

No comments: