Skip to main content

Painting Extravaganza!

Good Morning from a cool Knolltop! It's be so nice the last few days, cool at night, sunny during the day! I love it.

I haven't been blogging because there just hasn't been time. When I get done blogging on Dairy Agenda Today I have a million other things waiting. Like yesterday we painted the milkhouse....and it's waiting for a second coat today! I had all the kids out there working away, some are better than others at painting, but we got the job done and will have to go at it as soon as I get done here.

Jake had his final game last night and they lost to Pittsford. He wasn't feeling all that well and you could see it. He's got Sarah's cold and cough and just doesn't have the energy he needed. But it was a nice night of baseball.

Today after the kids get done with the milkhouse, I'm headed for a perm....and OH MY HEAVENS IT'S WAY OVERDUE! Can you tell I'm sick to death of my hair? I stick it in a pony tail everyday and don't even look at myself in the mirror...and we've had so many visitors, they are probably wondering why I look so blessed awful! But after today, I will have big hair again. I know that's not the style, but I've come to a place in my life where I DON"T CARE! I like big hair and that's what I'm going to have, no matter how many people don't like it!

Better get!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big bucks spent at Butlerview Sale

Good morning from the Knolltop . It's balmy here! When we went across the road at 4:30 this morning it was 45 out and the temp is climbing...yes it smells and feels like spring and I love it....but I know it won't last. Because no one else on the web has decided to report on it, I will give a tidbit of the Butlerview Parade of Perfection Sale that happened last weekend in Elkhorn Wisconsin. The sale averaged $19,845 on 124 lots and the sale gross was....are you ready.....sit down for this one.....$2,460,800.00! Amazing isn't it? There were buyers from 23 states and Canada and the high seller was Lot 8 at $190,000 purchased by Triple Crown Genetics, Kingsmill Farm & Gene Iager . The next highest consignment was Lot 1 at $155,000 purchased by David Ludwig of Illinois and the third highest was Lot 46 at $96,000 and Mike Garrow & Gerald Todd went home with that bargain. Apparently it was a high intensity sale with well over 800 people in attendance. I just w...
JW is at it again with marketing goodies for his Senior Trip. And this is what he left on my stove after his entrepreneurial chocolate fest! Monday he bought the molds and chocolate and made some samples to take to school. Tuesday he took his pretty packages of goodies and handed them out, took the orders and sold $96 worth of chocolates! With the pretty boxes and bags his Nana sent up from Georgia, he melted his chocolate, put them in molds, stuck them in the freezer, tapped them out of the molds and put them in some fancy boxes and bags. This morning he took a laundry basket full of bags and boxes to deliver at school. I'm amazed at how a little packaging can take ordinary chocolate...and I mean ORDINARY...we're not talking Dove or Cadbury ....ORDINARY chocolate and make it into something people will buy. Just amazing!

Table Linens

Good Morning from a cool and kind of cloudy Knolltop! Wasn't that elf thing funny? I had a friend from PA send that to me and I laughed for at least 10 minutes. Then when I collected myself, I made one with my kids and me. You can only have five elves, so I didn't stick Bobby in...I should have! What a hoot! When the kids got home they watched it and we all laughed together! Then while we were milking we were trying to do the dance moves...of course we weren't nearly as good in our barn clothes as we are in our elf outfits! I said I would share a little more of thanksgiving, so I will now. Today's topic is simple. Linen. More specifically, linen tableclothes. My mom and I love linens and she has a boatload of old linens her mom gave to her. She loves to starch and iron them and hang them up to admire. I have to admit, there is nothing better than a freshly starched tablecloth. Then it was time to set the table for Thanksgiving we practially had a tablecloth unveiling. S...