Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Thursday, May 7, 2009

So much to do..so little time!

Good morning from a kind of foggy Knolltop.

Yesterday I heard the best sound ever, my lawnmower running! Although it hasn't cut a blade of grass yet, it runs!

Monday I went to JW's Region II FFA camp where they installed new officers and he is no longer the president. They had a National FFA officer there and she was awesome. If you want to read a little more about her, go to my Dairy Agenda Today blog. I think I'd better write a column about her too...she's terrific!

Anyway, I have pictures, just haven't downloaded them only my computer yet...too busy writing other stuff. And I just realized Sunday is mothers day and I should've dedicated my column this week to moms...shoot!

Well, I've got more writing for today on the schedule, after I head out to the barn to finish up chores. I'm getting the showing bug...sizing up the heifers, deciding which ones need to go to the show and how we need to get working with them! The neighbor, Lori of Knolltop Morgans just got two heifers for her kids and so now we're getting excited about the summer shows!

Well, I'd better get out to that barn!

2 comments:

PryorVu said...

No one has said anything about planting any garden yet? Things have been put in the ground here. Potatoes, onions, peas and spinach.
More this weekend, especially all the root vegetables

Melissa Hart said...

Well, my garden just got tilled up by the big tractors Tuesday! Remember, I have to wait until the farmers till up and get ready to plant before my garden gets looked at. I've purchased the seeds, now I've got to plant! And when you get your garden in and it's up....a picture for the blog is a must!