Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day of School

It's a very rainy day here on the Knolltop. It's been pretty much steady all day long which doesn't help my bad mood at all.

Going through the motions of the day I found myself really irritable and couldn't figure out why. Then it dawned on me, the kids had to go back to school today and I really don't like it. I miss them. I miss Jake's constant conversation with whoever will listen. I miss Sarah and Jake bantering back and fourth. And I especially miss their help! I had to help do chores in the barn this morning after breakfast and then I had to actually do the breakfast dishes too!

So, I am looking forward to 3:00 pm today when half of them come home to tell me about their day. Today was JW's first day of his last year in school. Maybe that's what is really bothering me! AHHH! Whatever it is, I had better snap out of it soon...life goes on, with or without me!

I think I need a cookie or something....

1 comment:

The Myers Family said...

or coffee with a friend!!