Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Watching Paint Dry

Good Morning from a foggy Knolltop!

Yep, the kids are off to school....I let them go again today....okay, I'm not going there!

Where did all this rain come from? It rained a lot yesterday, so much that the feed truck got stuck yesterday. I began milking and looked out only to see two men standing in the rain trying to get the truck unstuck! Again, I'm so glad my job is milking the cows in a dry barn.

Sarah has her first volleyball game tonight and it's home. There have been so many times when I've gone to her game and Bobby stayed home to milk the cows. Let's face it, he thinks watching volleyball is like watching paint dry, so when he volunteers to stay home it's not nearly as sacrificial as one would think.

Monday evening she was asking if JW was going to milk the night of her game. When I said yes, she replied, "Oh good, then both you and Daddy can come to my game!" Don't think I didn't tell him about that statement! So tonight Daddy will be watching paint dry instead of milking cows...which in my opinion is just about as bad as watching paint dry...but don't tell him I said that!

One more thing....Angie...we do need to have coffee!

No comments: