Skip to main content

Worst Mom Titles

Good Morning from a cool, clear Knolltop!

The Party is over, the southern chicks have gone back south. They actually left yesterday but I just didn't get to this blog. If you read my Dairy Agenda Today Blog you'll understand.

I was voted worst mom of the year yesterday. Luke, reminded me on Monday that they had football pictures on Tuesday and he needed his uniform washed. Yesterday I looked at his dirty uniform and thought to myself, "I need to get that washed, but his game isn't until Wednesday so what's the rush?" But for some reason I felt the need to get it done.

While cleaning off the counter I noticed his picture form and I decided not to wait until the last minute to fill it out but I would fill it out right then, insert the money, so when he was headed to practice I could hand it to him and look like I was so on top of things (This is rare for me.)

He was a tad late getting home from work so he was in a hurry to get to practice. He walked into the laundry room and saw his uniform sitting in the same place it was when he took it off. He looked at me and said, "You didn't wash this?" And I smugly said, "Your game isn't until tomorrow." He then looked at me and said, "But we have pictures today!" And he proceeded to put on a dirty uniform (good thing it's dark green) and I proceeded to feel like the worst mom in the world.

You see, if this were Jake's uniform, I wouldn't feel badly. If it were JW's uniform, there would be no guilt because they are as bad as I am at forgetting things and when we forget things we forget that we felt bad about forgetting about as quickly as we remember. But this was Luke I was dealing with, the kid who doesn't forget, the kid who folds his dirty socks together and puts them in the dirty laundry so they don't get separated, this is the kid who is a self starter, thrives on routine and hardly ever has to be told twice. I wanted to get it right for him out of sheer respect for who he is.

So guess what the first load of laundry is this morning? And guess who smiled as he watched me put it in the washer? I love that kid!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big bucks spent at Butlerview Sale

Good morning from the Knolltop . It's balmy here! When we went across the road at 4:30 this morning it was 45 out and the temp is climbing...yes it smells and feels like spring and I love it....but I know it won't last. Because no one else on the web has decided to report on it, I will give a tidbit of the Butlerview Parade of Perfection Sale that happened last weekend in Elkhorn Wisconsin. The sale averaged $19,845 on 124 lots and the sale gross was....are you ready.....sit down for this one.....$2,460,800.00! Amazing isn't it? There were buyers from 23 states and Canada and the high seller was Lot 8 at $190,000 purchased by Triple Crown Genetics, Kingsmill Farm & Gene Iager . The next highest consignment was Lot 1 at $155,000 purchased by David Ludwig of Illinois and the third highest was Lot 46 at $96,000 and Mike Garrow & Gerald Todd went home with that bargain. Apparently it was a high intensity sale with well over 800 people in attendance. I just w...
JW is at it again with marketing goodies for his Senior Trip. And this is what he left on my stove after his entrepreneurial chocolate fest! Monday he bought the molds and chocolate and made some samples to take to school. Tuesday he took his pretty packages of goodies and handed them out, took the orders and sold $96 worth of chocolates! With the pretty boxes and bags his Nana sent up from Georgia, he melted his chocolate, put them in molds, stuck them in the freezer, tapped them out of the molds and put them in some fancy boxes and bags. This morning he took a laundry basket full of bags and boxes to deliver at school. I'm amazed at how a little packaging can take ordinary chocolate...and I mean ORDINARY...we're not talking Dove or Cadbury ....ORDINARY chocolate and make it into something people will buy. Just amazing!

Table Linens

Good Morning from a cool and kind of cloudy Knolltop! Wasn't that elf thing funny? I had a friend from PA send that to me and I laughed for at least 10 minutes. Then when I collected myself, I made one with my kids and me. You can only have five elves, so I didn't stick Bobby in...I should have! What a hoot! When the kids got home they watched it and we all laughed together! Then while we were milking we were trying to do the dance moves...of course we weren't nearly as good in our barn clothes as we are in our elf outfits! I said I would share a little more of thanksgiving, so I will now. Today's topic is simple. Linen. More specifically, linen tableclothes. My mom and I love linens and she has a boatload of old linens her mom gave to her. She loves to starch and iron them and hang them up to admire. I have to admit, there is nothing better than a freshly starched tablecloth. Then it was time to set the table for Thanksgiving we practially had a tablecloth unveiling. S...