Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Friday, September 18, 2009

Intentional Living

It is another wonderful day here on the Knolltop. It's sunny but cool, I wore a turtleneck to the barn this morning and didn't get any too warm!

There are so many things to do and now I"m feeling the fair crunch. I was good until I began thinking about the projects that still aren't done. I really wanted to get them done before now, but I'm not that organized yet. I heard on Randy Carlson talk about doing one thing each day that is intentional. And if you continue to do that one thing soon it will be a habit and then you do another thing that's intentional. Pretty soon you're living an intentional life and that's the goal.

So my intentional thing is to do things NOW, not later. I'm trying, but obviously it didn't work with the 4-H projects.

Last night Luke's football team beat Pittsford, 40-22 or something like that. It was a great game....for us. Luke had two touchdowns, two interceptions and ran for a 2 point conversion. He had a good night even though there were a couple of parents at the game who took it upon themselves to tell Luke what he was doing wrong. Yes, this mama bear came out and all I can say is next time a parent in the stands feels the desire to take on the coaching responsibilities for my child......I will be opening my mouth and it ain't gonna be pretty!

No comments: