Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Good Morning from a cool Knolltop! I thought I would share some more pictures, now that I'm getting into this new picture program.
Last week when Sarah and I ventured north to the Great Lakes International Draft Horse Show, plowing was the first thing we saw, and right before this farmer started plowing he was on his cell phone. I tried to capture it, but was too late.
As we walked through the barns we were most impressed with the displays, I mean the horses were nice too, but the displays were so great. We both think we need those curtain things that go around a stall at our cow shows so we could put all of our junk in there and no one would see our mess! They are becoming more and more popular at the dairy shows, but we don't have one.....YET! This exhibitor was all the way from Texas and they had a great display.

Then we came along these two wall hangings. Oh my goodness! I was so excited to see what someone had done with all of their ribbons! I've seen it done before and I've always thought it would be a great idea. In fact, if someone who enjoyed quilting ever wanted to go into a business....they could so this kind of custom quilting with a farm's show ribbons!

I'm on my way to run some errands and then back home for laundry, dinner and Sarah has a volleyball game!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

threecollie said...

I made a pillow out of show ribbons once. It was surprisingly easy and turned out quite nice I thought.