Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Are you ready yet?

Good Wednesday morning from the Knolltop!

We've still got snow this morning, but it's warming up a little, I had to take my sweatshirt off during milking....so I know there is either no wind or it's warm.

It's time to get ready for Thanksgiving. Yes, I may sound a little late, but I'm not cooking it this year, we are traveling over the river and through the woods to grandmothers house! Which means I haven't even thought about cooking or cleaning or even shopping yet! I've got to get two things at the store today and then I'll be good to go....this is a nice reprieve. My mom loves to cook and really enjoys hosting Thanksgiving dinner. The other day she was absolutely giddy about the linen table cloth and matching napkins for 12 she found in her linen closet! She commented on how much she enjoyed starching the napkins and I had to agree with her, ironing and starching napkins is a very satisfying job. When you end up with sharp, crisp edges and creases it's very gratifying to put them on your table. Are we weird? Does anyone else enjoy this?

I'll be on Rural Route today with Trent Loos and my favorite host, Kyle Bauer. Trent is traveling to Chicago to be in the Thanksgiving Day parade with his chuck wagon...check out his website www.facesofag.com for more info...after the event. I'm sure he won't have time to post on the site before the event...Trent is just not a planner.

Better get!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Liss, I can't let this pass --I must point out that the tablecloth and napkins weren't just lost in my linen closet. They were in a big box of linens that my mom (your grandmother)had given me several years ago. I had never gone completely through the box--just picked out a few things every now and then. As I thought about setting the table for Thanksgiving I decided to look for a big tablecloth in the box and there it was-- a big hem-stitched linen cloth in nearly perfect shape, simply lovely. Then I started looking for napkins and there among many,many white linen napkins I found 12 matching napkins! I can just imagine my mom's delight as she watched from above! See you tomorrow. mom

threecollie said...

Happy Thanksgiving