Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Go Vote!

It's a partly cloudy day here on the Knolltop and it's going to be warm again! Last night Bobby sprayed for flies in the barn and remarked, this is the first time he'd ever had to spray for flies in November! I love it!

We had a visitor last night while we milked. Remember the gentleman I asked everyone to pray for? He now has a job, thank you God, and was in the area so he stopped by to meet me. He's a long time reader of my column, he even read it way back before I was married with children....so you know that was a long time ago! It was nice to have him visit, although the kids couldn't understand why anyone would go out of their way to meet their mom.....boy they can keep you humble, can't they?

I've had some interesting conversations this morning, one with a Dutchman who actually lives in Sweden, Jan Bierma, the editor of Holstein International. He called to confirm a new writing opportunity with me. I will be writing a monthly column in their magazine and I'm so excited!

Anyway, he brought up the fact of the importance of this day in the US. Frankly, I was amazed that he even knew it was election day and was even more surprised that he had an opinion on each presidential candidate. He shared with me the ins and outs of his political views and explained why the rest of the world is watching our election today. I was baffled, I never realized the importance of our country's influence on the rest of the world.

In my little corner of the world, here on my hill with my farm and family I will go in and vote only once. My little vote will be among millions across the country that is counted. It seems so insignificant inside the big picture, but collectively we will make a choice today on a global stage while the rest of the world sits in the audience and watches the play unfold. Amazing....just amazing!

2 comments:

threecollie said...

Congratulations on your new writing job. That is great news.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Holstein World opportunity! How exciting, I might have to scrape up the money and start getting the Holstein International now! :)