Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Monday, January 19, 2009

Clear and cold

It's a clear, cold morning here on the Knolltop and I'm waiting very impatiently for the 50 degree weather that Pryorvu said he was having in Montana! It's got to come here...it's just got to.

I'm done with winter, officially. I've had it with cold weather, wind, frozen water bowls, broken waterlines, hair dryers, endless buckets of hot water, flooded mangers, flooded gutters, wet stalls, paper bags stuck in cracks and crevices, screw drivers, ratchet wrenches and mooing cows. All I'm going to say is that Saturday except for about 3 hours in the middle of the day we were in the barn from 4 am - 10:30 pm thawing and fixing and plumbing and milking and bedding and feeding. That's it...that's all I'm going to say.....I refuse to relive that day.

But I will say this, I've got to have the four most tenacious, determined farm kids in the world. They stuck with us all day long, never wavering, always keeping a good sense of humor and rejoicing in a thawed pipe or water bowl.

Today is a much better day. Even though it's Martin Luther King day, they still had school and will play basketball tonight. But right now, I've got dishes and oh my yes....the laundry. You could hit your head on the ceiling if you were to stand on top of the mountain of laundry! No, my pride won't let me show you any pictures....sorry.

No comments: