Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Wonders never cease

Oh my heaven's it was in the 20s today when we walked across the road to milk this morning!!!!!! A virtual heatwave has hit the Knolltop!

Now I have to brag about my husband a bit...so please indulge me. Because men today get a bad rap about everywhere you turn, I like to make sure we highlight the great things they do to make our lives so much better on a daily basis....but I know I've not always done that.

The other day when I had a meeting in Lansing, I knew I would be sliding in right at dinner time so I made sure I had the main dish in the oven with the timer on it so the oven would turn on automatically when it needed to so we would have a hot meal when I slid in. I just happened to mention to Bobby that we would be having leftovers for dinner and that I would pick up the kids and be home just in time to put supper on the table. (Yes we eat early, before chores so I don't have to cook afterward)

I had the table set before I left but that was it. When I got home with Sarah, the only one who came home with me that day, I walked in and much to my surprise, the whole meal was on the table! The chicken, stuffing, corn and even rolls were hot and steaming, just waiting to be eaten. When I asked if I needed to make the coffee, he said it was already made! WOW!

Now to some of you, this may not be a big deal, but because my love language is acts of service and I practically melt into a puddle of tears when someone does something for me....this is HUGE! And the fact the Bobby hardly takes up space in the kitchen unless it's to have his midnight snack.

So, now....on to Patty Hyde's wonderful brownies....I must clear this up. She was so kind to make brownies for her husband to bring to the MHA meeting the other day and what did she get in return????? Let me straighten this mess out for you Patty. I may not get the words exactly correct, but this is how the conversation went: Dick asked if anyone was going to eat the brownies that HE made for the meeting. Knowing full well that he didn't make them, I thought I would give him a jab...and I said, "They're too dry." Then I laughed and said, no, I was just joking, they were wonderful! Then he admitted he didn't make them and I said, don't tell Patty I said that! But nothing is sacred.....he just had to tell you didn't he????!!!!! BUT Patty, your brownies were wonderful!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, they were my mom's recipe, the old standby. We gotta stick together, Melissa, huh!!