Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Friday, May 30, 2008

Citizenship times two

Imagine my surprise when begrudgingly I went into the Senior High awards ceremony yesterday and JW received the Citizenship award just like his brother Luke! Wow....I've got to citizens in my household! I was so very proud of both of them. JW also won a Spanish award and the top grade in History!

We had a busy night last night with JW in the play again, Luke and Sarah had practices and Jake had a game. I tell you what, I don't know what we'd do if it weren't for great parents who are more than willing to give our kids rides here and there! Jake rode with a team mate to the game while Bobby and I finished up chores. Then we headed to Jake's game where they tied (don't ask)and then got back to the school just in time to see JW sing his song one more time. Then we made our exit and came home to stuff bags with got milk? erasers, pencils, magnets and other fun stuff to give away to the kids at school today.

Yes, today there is a field day at school and it is a country theme....so guess who is supplying the animals, tractors and straw? Yep...us. JW and Luke took our tractors to the school early and then they loaded up some straw for a straw maze for the kids. We are giving away goodie bags and ice cream to the elementary kids. It should be a fun day! Yes, I will take pictures....I hope.

Now on to some other news, the Pinehurst and Fieldstone dispersal in Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin was held last night as David Bachmann dispersed his historic herd of Holsteins and a boat load of memorabilia. It was held a The Bull at Pinehurst Farms Golf Course, so you know it was a fun event! My source, Dallas Burton of Burton-Fellers, Sales, Inc., called and gave me an unofficial sale average, so I will wait until I hear the "official" average, but I hear it was a great sale!

On a very sad note, Holly, you know, the cow that Bobby loves more than me, aborted last night. She was five months along with a Dundee calf and was due in September. We were so excited about this calf. But last night as we milked she looked unsettled and was jumpy. She just wasn't herself. As I stood there and looked at her I thought to myself, 'I wonder if she's trying to abort that calf?' Then I convinced myself that wasn't the case. But this morning when she walked in the barn she had afterbirth hanging from her. The bright side is, we will try to flush her, which is what I wanted to do before she got pregnant.

Calling all prayer warriors!
And, one more note...please pray for my dad. He's indisposed right now with a back injury. He was working on his equipment last week and whatever he was prying gave way and he fell right on his behind. After a trip to the ER he is now on pain medication and can't do anything. So, please pray for him if you would. Thank you! And I'll keep you posted! Oh, yes, and pray for my mom as well....you know what it's like to take care of a man....who isn't the best patient in the world....who is also a farmer.....who has hay that needs to be bailed.....this prayer request is getting more serious by the minute! Thanks again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Many prayers and good pain meds for your Dad! I hope he feels better soon! And lots of patience sent to your Mom!)
Jules