Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Friday, May 9, 2008

Working.....where?

It's another sunny morning here on the Knolltop, but not warm enough to wear shorts....yet.

Yesterday there were some comments on whether I was a working mom or not. It's funny, if you count up the hours I spend in the barn doing chores....it does add up and could be considered a job. But since I don't have to shower, put on make up and dress in business attire, I don't consider it a job. Especially since I just walk across the road to work. Actually, it's become more of a physical work out and if I don't do it, then I can't eat like a horse! Not only can I wear garage sale clothing, I get to spend quality time arguing with my husband while we make a living together. Plus, my children get to work along side of us...they love that! NOT!

So, all in all, I still consider myself a stay at home mom. I really have the best of both worlds.....am I spoiled or what?!

And these FFA ties...an instructional page on how to tie a tie in the FFA handbook! That's priceless! But needed for a bunch of farm boys who never had to wear a tie except on Easter and Christmas!

In JW's defense...he knows how to tie a tie.....he just doesn't like to! His father taught both of the boys how to properly make a knot!

Better get going....more writing to do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These young fellas will inadvertently end up next to a PTO or something having never considered they shouldn't be wearing a knotted tie around their necks. Clip-ons. This is standard procedure in say, the security business. Cut and velcro at the back, in case an unruly drunkard gets a grip... see?
:)