Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Thursday, May 1, 2008

May Day!

The first day of May and it's gonna be a good one here on the Knolltop. It's forecasted to be sunny and 70. I still have to get a new belt for the mower. I made the trip to TSC last night with my three boys...yes...all three of them were with me, no practice, no games, no parties, no nothing...they were all with me! And boy have I learned to appreciate the time spent with them. They are so much fun to have around!

After looking through 677 belts I came to the conclusion they didn't have my size. So I have to go to a dealer today and get one which means it will be more expensive...of course. After TSC we headed to the grocery store and then we just had to get ice cream at the Udder Side. Life is good when you're licking a scoop of Moose Tracks while driving down the road laughing at the antics of three boys that you absolutely love so much you would lay down your life for!

Where was Sarah you ask? She didn't want to come...she didn't have any money and really didn't have anything she needed to get. Plus an hour without her brothers is an hour of total serenity!

Today is column writing day...and boy have I got some good news! I called Jim Massey, the editor at The Country Today, a farm weekly in Wisconsin and asked if he would like to buy my column. After much thought...and listening to all my best sales pitches....he finally relented to give me a try! He said he would try me for a few weeks and see if anyone liked it. So I'm hoping someone up in Wisconsin will read it, like it and contact him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! We do get the Country Today and will be watching for you. If we like what we see, we will definitely let them know about it!

~Mandy :)