Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Too much work and clip on ties

It is a cool, kind of cloudy, kind of sunny day here on the Knolltop.

I'm finally going to be home all day today. I really don't know how all of you working women do it! I was away from the farm for three hours on Tuesday and Wednesday and I feel so behind the eight ball! I've got a full slate today of things to get done and because I was gone, it seems very overwhelming. How do women who leave at 7 am and get home at 4 pm keep their households running? All I can think of is the laundry they must have to do each night....and the meals they have to cook without the benefit of being home all day long to procrastinate the preparation! I guess they are really good at delegating their duties to the rest of the family and they have to be great time managers.

Tonight is the Spring concert at the school. Luke and Sarah will be performing. You know what that means? I have to make sure their black pants and white shirts are neatly starched and pressed. And that I find the black socks. I think Luke is required to wear a tie also.

Speaking of ties....this morning at breakfast we were looking at the picture of the new Region 2 officer team. JW looked it over and said, "My tie looks the best." To which I replied, "It better, you had the only clip on FFA tie there!" He smiled his big smile at me and I just shook my head. I can't believe they make clip on FFA ties! And furthermore that JW traded his regular FFA tie in for a clip on. In fact, as I remember he didn't trade it in...I think he stole it from a Junior High FFA member after the State Convention... claiming he had seniority!

Better keep going!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought that running a dairy farm was a full-time job and then some. What do you mean - you wonder how the working moms do it. You probably work harder and longer hours than some of us working moms! No wonder you felt backed up on your work.
As for us working moms- it helps to have a great husband and kids who all pitch in to take care of the day to day chores.
Beth in PA

Anonymous said...

I wanted to hear about the pizza dirt. SBH

LoriLiz said...

My hubby came to our marriage with the paper from his FFA handbook on how to tie a tie....and was still using it to consult. After nearly 19 years he doesn't need it anymore.

Anonymous said...

Did you know YouTube has great tie teaching videos?