Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Fun times ahead!

Good Morning from a cloudy but promising to be a warm, sunny day on the Knolltop!

Yesterday we made the trip to Fowlerville for some corn from my parents. Yes, we have a corn burning stove, thanks to my family who seem to be the mecca of corn burning stoves. My parents had one when corn was way cheaper than it is today. Although my stove has been broken, my brother, the saint, came down on Sunday, along with my dad and fixed my corn stove. It's so much nicer to have that running, it somehow makes the house seem so much warmer! Thanks REX!

Tonight the boys have their last regular season game and then the varsity will play district games next week. Then we're on to baseball!!!!!

Things continue to be busy on the Dairy Agenda Today front. Before I had children I was the editor of a weekly farm newspaper called the Farmers' Advance. That's also one of the papers that my column appears in.

Anyway, when I worked for that weekly paper it was fun and time consuming but I had time to go places, do interviews, write stories and run the roads to every ag event around. I had a friend who worked for a daily newspaper and I always wondered what it would be like to work for a daily. I'm not getting a taste of that with Dairy Agenda Today! Oh my heavens! It's work, but it's fun work. I've not written so much in such a short amount of time in my life. Of course, I work well under pressure (yes, that's a positive way of saying I'm a procrastinator...but I'm trying to change that!) so I guess I was made for a daily. It's a challenge, but it's a really fun challenge!

Today I will talk to Sue Brown who is the manager at Lylehaven in VT. Those of you who know that name know how fun it will be to visit with her. The Pintale Point Sale is this weekend in MD, so I will call someone there and get to hear about the presale stuff. This is so much fun!!!!!

Okay enough about the Agenda. Dallas told me I had to talk about in every other sentence on this blog...so I've done my duty! And all you bloggers out there...please put my other blog on your blog rolls....please? Pretty Please? With a cream puff filled with real whipped cream like the ones at World Dairy Expo on top?

Enough begging....but THANKS!!!!

No comments: