Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Girls and Boys together

Good Morning from a rainy Knolltop! Although it's gloomy, I rather have rain like this than snow! I've even got snowdrops up in my flower beds! Everyday I look out my laundry room window to check to see if the snowdrops are up and they are!!!! Spring is right around the corner!

Last night the Varsity boys team played a small school out of Jackson called Divinci Institute and our boys beat them bad. The Divinci team had two girls on it and when they went in to play, our boys got a very bewildered look on their face like they just weren't sure how to deal with them. It was very funny.

In fact, toward the last minute of the game one of the girls finally got the ball and went up to shoot, (I was rooting for her to make the basket because her male teammates wouldn't pass her the ball to save their lives!) and she put it up only to have one of our players block her shot. And the funny part of it was, our player just kind of tapped it, he didn't give it a good slam like he normally does, he just kind of put his hand up there and slapped lightly at it. The look on his face was priceless as he looked around to see if maybe he shouldn't have done that. He had this nervous grin like, "ah...maybe I should've just let he take the shot, Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to block your shot...sorry...really...sorry."

So the boys will move on to play Wednesday night against a team the should beat easily....but you never know.

This afternoon, Luke has band festival and tonight Sarah has an AAU volleyball meeting. The State FFA convention starts tomorrow but JW won't go up until Thursday for that and I'm not going....way too busy. I've got to speak in Ohio on Friday at a Women in Agriculture Event, so I've got to stay home and find time to actually do my original job of being a mom, then milkmaid, then writer, then ......you know the routine!

No comments: