Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Big Boy

Yesterday while Jake was mowing and I was having my afternoon cup of coffee before chores, a load of feed came. A new guy was driving and he stopped in the middle of the road, got out and approached Jake. I was headed out to tell him where to put the feed and then stopped to see what might transpire between the two "men." I watched as Jake pointed and talked and then the man got back into his truck and drove down to the barn. Jake followed him down there to make sure he put the feed in the right spot. This may sound very routine, but what made me smile was to watch the youngest of the bunch take charge. He knew where the feed went and when he walked he puffed out his chest just a little and walked that farmer walk like he was big stuff. It was a precious sight.

No comments: