Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Monday, April 23, 2007

Mavelous Monday

We're having another fine day here in southern Michigan....and it's about time. Snow in April is just not allowed in my book! While visiting with a lady in church yesterday, I became quite concerned about the lack of good, sound information on the nutritional value of milk. This gal I was speaking to has something to so with kids and nutrition, exactly what I couldn't figure out in the short time we had together. But what concerned me is that she doesn't recommend milk to the kids she's in charge of feeding. She says it's processed too much and they add chalk to it therefore she drinks soy milk. I'm sure she could see the dismay on my face, but I didn't have time to give my point of view except to say that milk is very valuable in everyone's diet and she ought to be drinking it! That was real bright wasn't it? I guess I need a different line of defense if I'm going to stand up for my product. More on this later, right now I've got to get to the barn for more chores!

No comments: