Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Sunday, April 22, 2007

First win!

JW had his first win of the season yesterday! He got to pitch in the second game and they won, so he got the win, he was pretty excited and so was his daddy!
After sitting out in a beautiful day we all acquired our first sunburn of the year and boy does it burn this morning. When we came home we ate dinner, yes we eat at a strange time at 3:30 in the afternoon, but that's because I don't want to cook after chores in the evening and it's healthier for us. JW went to work for the neighbor and Luke went to a friends house. The two younger kids had a friend over and I just worked on laundry and clean up. After chores, the we dehorned some calves, that's a job I hate, but am so glad when it's done.
All during chore time Sarah kept begging me to come jumprope with her so after I visited with the neighbors and the work was all done, Sarah, Jake and I jumped rope. Jake is awful at it, while Sarah knows all the rhymes that go with jumping.
Of course Jake demanded equal time, so we had to play baseball after that. With JW's antics and Sarah's frustration with her brother who wouldn't take the game seriously, I quit after the second inning. I still had laundry to do and it was time to get showers and retire for the evening.

No comments: