Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Basketball Saturday

Good Morning from the sunny Knolltop! It's pretty, but cold, like 12 degrees cold.

We had a very nice evening at home last night. I sat on the loveseat in front of the cornstove eating my caramel corn, reading Farmworld while Sarah chatted away about a story she was writing in english. It was so nice to just sit and listen to her, face to face, listening to all her silliness. Listening about the events in her life and the emotion that goes with it. It's also fun to play dumb so she tells me more...I love that. As I listen to this young lady, I can't help but remember my awkward self at that age. She is a carbon copy of me at 12 years old, only she has cute dimples that I never had but always wanted. I said silly stuff, thought silly stuff and tomorrow was something I just never worried about. Come to think of it, that sounds like me today!

Now, about this book that I want to write....I've had all positive feedback except for one. So with that I want to say thank you and I will forge ahead with this project...as soon as my mom gets done vacuuming. Yes, that's right, I have to wait for my mom to get done cleaning her house. She has every column I've ever written all stored in her file cabinet. She told me the other day that she was going to start sorting through what she thought would be good ones for the book, as soon as she got done cleaning up a bit because she knew that when she started sorting she would be there for a long time....reading and sorting and sorting and reading.

So, when she gets done with her housework I'll let you know.

It's on to basketball today with games at 10 am and 2pm and Luke plays at 4,6 and 8 pm.

No comments: