Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Saturday, February 2, 2008

One word...basketball

Good Morning from the Knolltop. It's overcast and a balmy 23 degrees out. The temp is supposed to rise into the 30s today and rain and 40 by Monday. So we are out of the cold spell right now....how are you out there in Montana, Pryorvu?

It's a basketball Saturday. Sarah and Jake both have games today and Luke gets to ref two of the little kids games today and then Luke has basketball practice tonight...during milking time...he gets out of chores....again. And I bet at some point we will be watching basketball tonight as we munch on our popcorn.

Last night, Jake was laying on my bed watching basketball while I was sitting in a nearby chair reading a book. During the game, they had a mic on one of the players so we could hear what they were saying on the bench and during the huddles. Now this was an NBA player. I looked and listened to what he was saying because it was interesting and then Jake said, as serious as he could be, "See mom, now you know what we talk about in the huddle and on the bench." I raised my book up to my face and began laughing my head off....honestly, does he honestly think his conversations with other little 8,9 and 10 year old boys could be the same as what 25 year old NBA stars talk about? Well, now that I think about it...maybe they are similar.

Gotta get...chores are waiting!

No comments: