Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Double delivery

It's a sunny morning here on the Knolltop. Happy Valentines Day to everyone!

Jake had to make some valentines last night because I forgot to buy any. I told him homemade valentines are way better than store bought, but he didn't believe me. Oh, well, those kids just look at them and throw them in a bag and then the moms chuck them when they get home, so why waste the money?

Anyway, Sarah and I stamped some cool stamps on them while he addressed them. Of course being a boy what did he write? "Happy V-Day." Typical boy. And then Sarah decided that wasn't good enough so she started writing in the whole word "Valentine" until Jake threw a fit and demanded that she stop. She did. So then this morning I received a call from the school, it was Jake, he forgot his valentines so I had to run them in and then run to the barn for chores....all that to say this....I'm late in posting today!

Yesterday a cow started to calve while we were finishing up for the morning. By the afternoon she delivered a cute little heifer. By chore time she was delivering another little heifer. And by the time we were shutting the lights out for the night she had cleaned. Now that's a cow worth having around!

Lots of writing to do today...better get to it, now that half the day is gone. JW has a game tonight in Camden, I'm sure they'll win!

1 comment:

threecollie said...

Twin heifers and a good outcome with the cow! That is just great!