Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Choices, choices, choices

Good Morning from a kind of sunny Knolltop!

JW and Luke came home yesterday. It's so strange having them drive to Grandmas together without me. I know Grandma loves having them there, although I think they eat her out of house and home, but she enjoys it. But I have to say I miss them when they're gone.

Jake, Sarah and I were just coming back from our mile walk with the show heifers and JW called to say they were going to stay another day. What? Stay? How did they get that authority all of a sudden? When I thought about it, there was really nothing they had to come back for, so it wasn't a big deal, it was just the fact that they were in charge instead of me. Wow. I guess I'd better get used to that!

But then as I was hoeing the garden they surprised me and came running down to let me know they were home. JW wanted to come home, he missed just being here. It was nice to see their big smiles again. Gee, what am I going to do when they leave for college? I'm in big trouble!

Today we will work with the the heifers and have the option of cleaning out the eaves on the house or start painting the back of the barn. I'm just not sure what I'm up for, so I guess I'll let the work crew decide.

No comments: