Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Stormy evening

It was a stormy night last evening! The wind howled, the sky turned black and the heavens let loose a bucket full of rain on us. Well, you know, a bucket in heaven is a big bucket, don't you think?

Anyway, Bobby and JW were umping a game, Jake was playing on the other side of town at his game, Luke was baling hay and Sarah was clipping her calf when I finished up milking and headed into town to watch Jake. By the time I got there everyone was running for cover and it was all over. We then headed down to the other game where Bobby and JW were and believe it or not, they were waiting out the storm in the dugout thinking they might still get the game in. They gave up after about a hour of rain.

I stopped and got ice cream and we all had sundaes with homemade fudge sauce. I've never made hot fudge sauce before but I had a hankerin' for it and wanted to try it out. Boy was it good.

The satellite dish was out so Sarah, Jake and I played cards, Luke continued to sort his baseball cards, Bobby read the paper and JW daydreamed about what it would be like to ride his new motorcycle that he had just picked up...in the rain. Yes, continued prayer and even some fasting will be required for this teenager and his bike.

When I woke up this morning to the continued sound of rain my first thought was how glad I was that Jake and I got the eaves cleaned out!

No comments: