Knolltop Farm Wife

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. I live on a dairy farm with my family and I enjoy sharing our life with family, friends and anyone else who wants to visit the farm. There's no telling what the I will write about from day to day, but hopefully you'll be enriched when you stop by! Have a wonderfully blessed day!

Monday, July 14, 2008

Busy Monday

Good Monday Morning from a sunny Knolltop!

We had a day off on Saturday because of the rain. Jake was supposed to play baseball, but buckets of rain came down and postponed it until Sunday. So instead of a day of rest on Sunday, we had it on Saturday. Although after the rain, it cleared up, got humid and forced us to the pool Saturday night.

Yesterday Jake's team won both games and is now in the championship game on next Saturday morning! They did a great job and Jake pitched a no-hitter. He's so excited about it.

It turned out to be a beautiful sunny day and the great thing about yesterday was that it was too far away to come back home in between games so we packed a picnic lunch and while we had two hours until the next game we went to a park in Camden and enjoyed a picnic. The funny thing was when we got done eating, JW and Luke tackled the ancient merry-go-round. It was broken, so what do two farmboys do? They climb underneath and start fixing it! They got to go a couple of rounds, but then it broke again. This whole scene reminded me of when they were toddlers and we made the trek with my parents out to Montana to see my sister and her family. Every time we stopped for a meal we would get our food, go to a park and let them run around for awhile so when they got back in the car they would be ready to ride for awhile. That memory was sparked yesterday while they were playing on the playground and we were still eating.

Okay, today is a work day and then off to Grand Rapids for a funeral visitation. A good friend died recently, Roger Meyer of Rod-er-Dic farms in Byron Center died from his battle with cancer. He fought it for a long time, in fact every morning when I would put the second milker on the cow, Ruth, I would pray for Roger and the family. Now I will just be praying for the family and if you would pray for them too, that would be great.

Roger's son, Paul was in college with me and has been a good friend over the years. He was almost destine to be a bachelor until Sherry Strautz caught his eye and snatched him up last April...the lucky girl! Well, he's pretty lucky to have her too since when I talked to her last Saturday night she was breeding a cow at 8 O'clock at night and couldn't answer the phone because her arm was you know where....!

Gotta go...please pray for this family!