Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Fitter number Two

Good Morning from a breezy, hay scented Knolltop. Because everyone on the county is baling hay when you step outside the smell of newly baled hay rushes over you. It's a glorious smell that never leaves you. It's a smell that if you've grown up on a farm is as familiar as the smell of manure, corn silage or sweetcorn growing in the garden on a hot July afternoon. As soon as you breath in the morning air it takes you back to your childhood of lazy summer days spent playing in the yard while a whirlwind of farming activity plays out around you. Isn't that a great memory?

Okay, now for the Name the Fitter contest. Kudos to all who ventured a guess yesterday, the correct name for the fitter in the picture was "Bear!" And no, I don't know his real name. And the lady he's hugging is a familiar face to anyone at any Holstein event in Michigan, I like to refer to her as "Mama Koebel" and her real name is Jennie Koebel from Tri-Koebel Holsteins in Three Oaks Michigan. And she has three girls...wow, they have a lot of threes!


Now for the next contestant on

Name that Fitter!



This fitter hails from Indiana and worked for Hardy's Holsteins while at the All-Michigan Summer show.

Here are your name choices:

"Scooter"

"Cowboy"

"Tippy"

"Ramrod"

"Blue"

So...Name that fitter! And yes, you get extra points if you can name the man he's talking to...he has a nick name too...but he's not necessarily a fitter.

You have until 7 am tomorrow morning to send me your guess. Good Luck!

No comments: