Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Getting down to work!

Good Morning from a very sunny and kind of cool Knolltop!

I've got good news! The laundry is half done! I know that doesn't compare to winning the lotto or having a baby, but for me, it's very, very good news.

Yesterday I neglected to share with you one of the great things about coming home. Not only was it nice to sleep in my own bed, but when I walked in the door, instead of being greeted by a cluttered table, scattered mail and crumbs on the counter I was treated to a clean house! Jake and Luke worked hard all week to keep the house clean and the dishes washed. I was so proud of them.

If that wasn't enough, the part of the barn that I was supposed to paint before we left had a fresh coat of paint when we got home! And boy does it look good.

Yesterday Sarah and Jake got down to business with their heifers. Of course I had to supervise, they tend to cut corners when I'm not there to help out. We washed the calves, put them in a day pen and then Sarah got the clippers out and clipped Brandy after chores.

The boys ended up spending the night at my moms last night, so they will be home sometime today. You just can't beat spending the night at Grandmas!

1 comment:

threecollie said...

So nice to come home and find things neat and all caught up....except the laundry...