Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Birthday MOM!

Yes, today is my mom's birthday, but we aren't going to mention any ages. Let's just say she says she feels like a college coed in her mind. She's got the spunk of a college coed too!

Last night after chores, I took a quick nap because we planned on watching the fireworks. So after I woke up, Sarah, Jake and my friend Sue all headed into town for the celebration. Of course we were early, it wasn't dark yet, so in finding something to do we decided to get ice cream. Two nights in a row we've enjoyed sundae's....but who's keeping track?

I didn't get to bed until 11 pm...now that's late for me! But it was worth it, the fireworks were beautiful....and to think the whole country celebrates my mom's birthday!

Today we will get chores done and head into town for the parade. Then after chores tonight I've got a brush pile that needs burning so we'll roast hotdogs and make smores....I can't wait!

1 comment:

threecollie said...

Happy birthday to your mom....it's mine too. lol