Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

It's that time of year

You don't need to look at the calendar to see what day it is, wheat harvest is underway, it's hot and Ag Expo is underway, yes, it's the middle of July in Michigan!

Yesterday I watched the first combine harvesting wheat to the south as I painted the back of the barn. So that means farmers across the state are torn, do they go to Ag Expo or combine wheat? What a decision. Ag Expo will be important if they have money to spend by the end of the year, but if not, then they will stay home and keep their nose to the grindstone and send another family member in their place. That means the grounds will be filled with grandfathers and young grand children, the ones who could afford the time off the farm!

The boys baled hay all day yesterday and finally came home when the All-Star game was in it's second inning. And yes, we are boohooing because the National League lost.

Today will be a prep day for our Summer show next week and then tonight the boys have a baseball game. Last night's game was cancelled so nothing to report from the local diamond.

If anyone heads to Ag Expo, be sure to report in to the rest of us who can't go! And remember to pray for Jericho today!

No comments: