Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Thursday, July 31, 2008

It's a small world

It's a warm, sunny day here on the Knolltop. The troops are busy at work doing their own jobs. The big boys are hauling manure, Jake is doing odd jobs around the house and Sarah is cleaning out my cupboards while I finish up a story for Holstein International and then do my weekly column and maybe even another story all before I head into town get the tags for our vehicles and get a new battery for the lawnmower so Jake can now mow again for the second time this week.

Now for the Name the Fitter contest. Of all the guesses I had emailed to me yesterday I had only one winner! And that winner was Russell Gammon our Jersey fanatic from Jersey Canada! He guessed the correct nick name and it was "Cowboy."

An interesting story about the fitter we featured on Monday, "Bear." Mandy Nunes from Scientific Holsteins in Wisconsin emailed me and told me who "Bear" really was. His real name is Shane Hulle, the son of a friend of theirs up in Wisconsin, Annie Hulle of Anyday Holsteins. This is where the "small world" factor comes in to the story...while I was at the National Holstein Convention Mandy introduced Annie and I and we had a great visit. She was a really neat individual and I so enjoyed talking to her. I wish I had known "Bear" was her son...then I could've told him I knew his mama! It's truly a small world!

So now for the next contestant on


Name that Fitter

"Angel"

"Blondie"

"Cowchick"

"Cowgirl"

"Ace"

So get your guessers ready and email me or post on this blog your guesses on this female fitter...she's one small, unique group of women. Any woman who can keep up with the male dominated world of fitting has my cheers and applause!
By the way, wouldn't it be a great idea to have a cattle sale run by women? All women fitters, women sale staff, a woman reading the pedigrees? Hmmm....what do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cowchick is the answer. RP